[mythtv-users] Now legal to decrypt DVDs?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jul 26 19:48:57 UTC 2010

On Monday, July 26, 2010 01:18:54 pm Greg wrote:
> I found this article today. It's a bit vague...
>
> http://www.betanews.com/article/DMCA-revised-unlocking-jailbreaking-phones-
> ebook-texttospeech-deemed-fair-use/1280166064

Note that there is a big difference between a "copyright infringement" and a violation of the DMCA's "anti-circumvention"
language. They are very different things.

There is also a difference between "using" any anti-circumvention bypassing software, and actually distributing or
"trafficking" in such software, or engaging in prohibited discussion of such measures for that matter.

Of course IANAL, but I wouldn't go jumping to any happy conclusions at this point.

Let's all err on the side of caution, and make sure we are not potentially causing problems for Myth developers, or the
operators of this site.