[mythtv-users] [RFC] HD PVR kernel driver and mythtv patches

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Jul 26 20:00:07 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 05:45:41PM -0700, Alan Young wrote:
> I've been working with the HD PVR driver and mythtv for a couple of
> months now to try to figure out why it does not work well.  I've built a
> set of patches for the hdpvr kernel driver and mythtv that seem to
> address the many of the issues I've seen.  I will say up front that
> these changes make mythtv work much better for me.   I'm sending these
> changes out for comments (and if you are brave for your testing).  :-)
> The changes are not a cure all.  And I know the mythtv patch needs
> better than what I've done to it.  I still have a couple of other issues
> that need to be worked out (documented below).

Thanks for your work on the neglected driver.

I've only looked at the kernel patches and queued them at
http://git.jannau.net/git/linux/log/?h=hd_pvr/20100726_ay

I've changed several patches and fixed style issues, I've torn some
apart combined some to have only related changes in a single commit.

All commits with my sign-ofs are ok, please send your sign-of too after
verifying that the commit messages are ok.

"V4L/DVB: hdpvr: add error checks and debug messages to the URB callback"
is in principle ok to, but I've found a buffer handling problem during
review. My patch doesn't fix it.

I would like to avoid changing the audio input and codec defaults. using
the default_audio_input module option doesn't help?

Janne