[mythtv-users] Please Wait... but audio plays

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 03:10:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Wayne Thomas <waynethomas69 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:54 PM, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> show?

>>> David,
>>>
>>> I have this exact same problem (albeit on 0.22) with some .mp4 files
>>> that I have imported into my recordings folder.  It seems to be linked
>>> with disabling the Composite Extension in xorg.conf for me.  When I
>>> comment out the 'Option "Composite" "Disable"' line the problem ceases
>>> to exist.  Have you recently disabled composite?
>>> Like me though, you would probably prefer to leave Composite disabled
>>> for the improvement in playback quality.  Hopefully if this is related
>>> someone in the know might be able to help out.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Wayne
>>>
>>> It sometimes happens to me when in watch recordings or livetv on trunk.
>>> The theme I use has some colors that match the overlay background so I can
>>> see that he video is playing but the GUI hasn't cleared itself.
>>> A change of channel or FFW/REW always fixes it for me.
>>>
>>> MarcT
>>>

>> I'm actually only having this problem on files that are not generated
>> by my HD Homerun. My SD recordings and everything in MythVideo are
>> exhibiting this problem. I did recently disable compositing, but
>> things were working fine with that turned off until a few days ago.
>> I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my playback profile...
>>

> I have since un-disabled (new word!) composite for other reasons and I
> have not experienced the problem since.  IIRC the problem only
> occurred a few days after I made the change and wasn't reliably
> unreliable :o)
>

> Cheers
> Wayne

Tonight I decided to update all of my boxes with the latest autobuilds
from the mythbuntu guys. I have been using their repos since I updated
to 0.23 but haven't bothered until tonight to update since they update
so frequently.

Turns out the new builds have fixed my problem with "Please wait..." !!

Hopefully this will work for you as well. I do need to have composite
disabled otherwise I get horrible tearing...