[mythtv-users] livetv and rewind

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Tue Jul 27 07:45:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My wife complained to me last night that rewinding in livetv is broken
> so I had a look and sure enough, it no longer functions the way it
> used to. Previously on our system, you could rewind livetv back past
> the current show and watch previous shows but now, you can only rewind
> to the beginning of the current show (or to the point where the
> programme guide says the show has changed).
>
> I am running a version of trunk that is a couple of months old...

Mythtv now stores all livetv you watch in the same way it stores other
recordings, albiet with a REALLY short expiration period (1 day by
default?  I moved mine to 1 week) and with the option to put it in its
own recording group.

Simply go to your recordings list and choose the "all recordings" (not
default) group and your previously watched livetv shows will be there.