[mythtv-users] upnp icon

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Tue Jul 27 08:11:53 UTC 2010

I've taken a look at the code and the PS3 MIGHT read icons served as
part of a device description.

Have a look in devicemaster.xml (probably somewhere under /usr/share/mythtv)
You'll need to add an iconList tag wherever you see a presentationURL
tag (2 places in the file). Replace the icon's values as required.

<presentationURL>/</presentationURL>
<iconList><icon mimetype="text/jpg" width="32" height="32" depth="24"
url="http://server/path/to/icon" /></iconList>
<!-- uncomment to override defaults
<serialNumber>MYTHTV-UPNP-01</serialNumber> -->

You'll have to make sure the icon exists at the URL you specify. I'm
not sure the upnp server can serve normal files, so your image might
have to be served up from elsewhere..

Anyone else know if myth's upnp server can serve normal files?

Cheers
Chris