[mythtv-users] Alternative to Mac Mini?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jul 27 15:43:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 27 July 2010 05:21, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>
>> Seriously, what, in a similar form-factor, besides the Dell Studio
>> Hybrid and Dell Zino HD (neither of which has nvidia graphics)
>> actually comes close to competing with the new mac mini? If ATI
>> graphics didn't blow chunks, the Zino would be interesting, though I'm
>> not sure an athlon neo is any better than an intel atom.
>
> I tried to look at a Dell Studio Hybrid, I couldn't find it
> anywhere... All links are over a year old
>
> It seems to me that Dell discontinued it.

D'oh, didn't know that. I had one, but sold it on the cheap to a buddy
of mine to finance one of my ion purchases. :)

It was a core 2 duo at 2.2GHz or so, took laptop so-dimms, laptop hard
drive and dvd burner, internal mini pcie wifi and a second internal
mini pcie slot for a "Broadcom BD Accelerator" (which was just a
Broadcom Crystal HD w/firmware that enables BD support -- came bundled
if you upgraded the dvd burner to a bd drive), intel x3100 integrated
graphics (I can't recall if it had hdmi, but definitely dvi and
optical audio), onboard firewire, external power brick, etc. However,
it wasn't much cheaper (and was definitely larger and a bit louder)
than a mac mini.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com