[mythtv-users] upgrade autobuilds .22 to .23

Mike Schiller mdschiller.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 16:36:32 UTC 2010

I have an Ubuntu 9.10 box as my master backend. I switched from the
MythTV packages that are part of the Ubuntu distro to the .22
autobuilds. IIRC, I did this because the HD-PVR recording was unstable
with 9.10's MythTV packages, but I could be mis-remembering.

I would now like to upgrade the master backend to .23 to match a new
frontend I have that runs Ubuntu 10.04 and MythTV .23.

What I would like to do is do a dist-upgrade of the backend box to
10.04 and switch to the .23 packages in the main Ubuntu repository.
However, since I have the autobuilds repository enabled, I am not sure
how to proceed. Can anyone tell me the correct steps to take to ensure
that I don't lose my backend's configuration during the upgrade? Are
there any major gotchas with the .23 packages in the Ubuntu 10.04
package repository?

(I will, of course, back up my database before attempting the upgrade).

Thanks,
Mike