[mythtv-users] MythMusic interface

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 17:06:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Paul Gallaway <pgallaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:19 PM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Code is available at Sourceforge through SVN: svn co
>> https://mythsqueezebox.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mythsqueezebox
>> mythsqueezebox (the code that is "downloaded" through the main page is
>> old and does not work with MythTV >= 0.22).
>
> I can confirm the MythSqueezeBox2 plugin is working in 0.23. My
> preferred theme is broken for it, of course, but I'm working on
> that.... slowly...

I looked at the YouTube video.  The coverflow stuff looks pretty cool
as does being able to use a remote.  Are there visualizations as well?
 As of now, that is the one thing I would like with my current squeeze
setup that I don't have and I don't really want to compile and
maintain beta/alpha software just for the coverflow aspect.

> SqueezePlay looks like it could be an interesting option as well but
> I'm yet to get a working client in Linux. Currently the background
> foobars and the menus don't refresh properly with Debian AMD64 (daily
> tars or .debs of 7.6). However, the audio works if I successfully
> navigate to the music directory!

In that case, I probably won't even bother with trying this.  The
iPhone interface is great and the web interface is pretty cool too.  I
will just leave the TV off when playing squeeze.

Again, not to disparage the work that has gone into MythMusic, because
it is pretty awesome and I have used it now for a long time.  But I
would love to see it replaced with something like squeeze.  I just
wished I had any programing skills and could do it myself.