[mythtv-users] Opinions on Solid State Drives for Myth ???

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 17:28:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Another Sillyname
<anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 27 July 2010 18:11, Robert Longbottom <RobertCL at iname.com> wrote:
>> On 27/07/2010 17:51, Joseph Fry wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm seeing 40GB SSDs for around $100.
>>>
>>> 40GB is enough for an OS and Myth itself (not video storage).
>>>
>>> So far I can't see anything that would justify using an SSD, but perhaps
>>> someone else can.

I love mine - when I do take my box down for maintenance it reboots in
a jiffy and adds no noise to my system.

I know I shouldn't be rebooting it but I'm always tinkering.

If $100 isn't going to kill you it's a fun upgrade and the system
feels faster to me.

Like someone said on here, MythTv is a hobby and hobbies generally cost money.

-Johnny