[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings - Fan Art

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 12:18:00 UTC 2010

Hi Ryan,

"You really need to provide more information about your setup."

Sorry - I keep forgetting to do that.  :$

I'm running Kubuntu 9.10, Myth 0.22 out of the repos (0.22.0+fixes22594),
and the theme is "Mythbuntu widescreen".

I ran this setup for over 6mths, no fanart.
No settings were intentionally changed (including the theme), and one day,
fanart appeared.
I don't even update the box as I view it as 'an appliance'.

The only thing that did happen was that we had a power failure and the box
was rebooted after about 167 days of uptime.  Perhaps the reboot triggered
some task that wasn't previously working - as the fanart appeared at roughly
the same time as the reboot (though can't be sure exactly).
I'm not sure that I buy this though, as before the 167 day run, we had a run
of about 2mths, with reboots, still no fanart.
I still suspect that a setting somewhere was inadvertently changed by a
button press, though happy to take suggestions.

If you need anything else - just let me know,

Thanks for your time,

MG