[mythtv-users] Restarting Failing Recordings

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Wed Jul 28 17:07:51 UTC 2010

On 28/07/2010 11:24, Mark Garland wrote:
> On the Watch Recordings Screen, the item is green, showing that it's
> currently being recorded.  I can press "I", and can "Stop Recording", and
> it's gone white (not recording).

> I then did as you suggested, "I"|Recording Options|Allow this program to
> re-record.
> However, this wont work - because this isn't part of a series record.  I've
> told myth to allow this programme to be re-recorded in the future, however
> there isn't a reoccurring schedule set up for this to be recorded - if that
> makes sense?

If you select the recording and choose "I" -> "Edit Schedule" you will
find the recording rule set to "Do not record this program".

You can change this back "Find one showing of this program" or whatever
your preferred one-off rule is to catch it again without having to set
up a new rule from scratch via the schedule recordings/mythweb interface.

This doesn't address you further comments about having Myth detect duff
recordings and work around it for you though.

Sorry,

Jason