[mythtv-users] livetv and rewind

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 01:28:25 UTC 2010

On 29 July 2010 08:58, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My wife uses the jump back function (10 second increment) and this
>> only goes back to the beginning of the program change time. I am
>> pretty sure that rewind functions in exactly the same way.
>
> Wouldn't that be expected behaviour, given that each new show gets a
> new recording? You can't rewind past the start of a recording, after
> all....

Hi Chris,

This functionality was in mythtv previously and worked well for those
(like my wife) that likes livetv. You actually used to be able to skip
back through the entire livetv buffer (in my case up to 24 hours).
Normally it is not an issue at all as yes you are right, rewinding
into a previous show is kind of not used that often. However, when the
station does not get the timing right for the end of the show, for
whatever reason, it can be quite annoying.

Cheers

Phil