[mythtv-users] Is it possible to change channels on STB using USB?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 03:16:40 UTC 2010

I posted elsewhere about the sudden flakiness of my STB.  I am still
able to capture recordings via firewire, but I can't change the
channel.  When I try to do so, a little icon comes on the STB denoting
that it is receiving a signal from my remote, but there is no channel
change.  Aside from using an IR blaster, is there any other option I
have to change the channel?  I see that my stb (Pace TDC779X) has USB
ports and an IR Receive jack (which the manual says can be used to
connect an optional remote "eye").  Would either of these be useful?