[mythtv-users] Corrupted bottom line of pixels - Example Image

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Jul 29 13:38:31 UTC 2010

On 29/07/2010 04:17, David Asher wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2010, at 9:51 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
>> On 28/07/2010 13:38, MarcT wrote:
>>> That is nothing like what I am seeing and I see the issue even in the
>>> preview images used by watch recordings and mythweb and only occurs on 1080i
>>> recordings on the HD-PVR.
>>> This is a new HD-PVR that came with 0x15 preinstalled.
>>>
>>> Cablebox was set to 1080i for the recording recording
>>> http://users.net1plus.com/bonkote/1835_20100717220000.mpg.-1.640x480.png
>>> http://users.net1plus.com/bonkote/1835_20100722180000.mpg.-1.640x480.png
>>>
>>> when the cablebox was set to 720p
>>> http://users.net1plus.com/bonkote/1835_20100725220000.mpg.-1.640x360.png
>>
>> Hmmm, so they look to be entirely different problems. I wonder if
>> anyone else is seeing exactly the same as either of our two problems. I
>> guess it's still possible that my ION board is shot.
>>
>> P.
>
> My problem looks precisely like MarcT's.  If I set the deinterlacer to None it goes away, and if I force the Video Scan to Progressive it goes away.  I also see it during preview generation.  There are times when the corruption is not green, but most times it is green.
>
> Also a new HD-PVR, don't know what the pre-installed firmware version was, but am running the version just before 1.5.7.0
>
> Using Nvidia 190.<latest>  video drivers with 2 types of ION boxes (1600 Revos, and Zotac MB).

Ah right. I just checked out what an HD-PVR is. So the problem you and
MarcT are seeing is highly likely to be at the recording stage. Mine
on the other hand looks to be at the scaling stage or HDMI out.

I've still to establish if any other person is seeing my version of
the problem. Guilaume, does your's look like this:
http://unlock.glidos.net/tmp/MythCorruption.jpg?

Paul.