[mythtv-users] Troubleshooting hung HD-PVR

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jul 29 15:33:59 UTC 2010

David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> says:
> About two weeks ago I setup an HDPVR and it went into full
> production last weekend. It's been working great, but yesterday I
> came home from work and discovered that all recordings since around
> noon failed and I was left with a recording entry, but no file. I
> was able to correct the problem by pushing the power button and
> cycling the power, but I didn't really find anything that
> interesting in log files.
>
> Any idea where I can start figuring this out? It's using the latest
> firmware and I'm running 0.23.

The power-cycling issue is one that I believe/hope the 1.5.7.0/0x15
firmware has corrected, and my E1 model has indeed not required one
since I installed the firmware in early July
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/442634#442634>).
I also use the #6719 and #6611 patches, though.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg