[mythtv-users] USB dvb-s(2) devices and multirec

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:45:39 UTC 2010

On 29 July 2010 12:01, Herman Gerritsen <lfsmailing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am considering to swap my PCI dvb-s(2) devices for usb dvb-s(2) devices.
> The reason for considering is that usb devices can be used in a
> virtual guest environment (VirtualBox in my case).
>
> I hestitate in buying any usb dvb-s(2) devices since I cannot discover
> if multirec on usb devices is supported like it is on some PCI
> devices. Does anyone have experience with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Herman

Herman

Funnily enough I've been playing with this with regards to DVB-T at the moment.

The USB support in Virtualbox isn't as great as you might hope, I've
had success with some USB devices and not with others.  At the same
time I tried with a trial version of VMWare and have found that while
VMWare support for USB devices seems better then Virtualbox it's still
not perfect.

I'd be interested to see what success you have with DVB-S(2) devices.

Regards