[mythtv-users] firewire changes channel but reverts back to prior to channel immediately

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:09:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> says:
>> My motorola box will change channels but immediately revert back to
>> the prior channel.  For example, if I go into live tv and choose
>> channel 180 when it is already on 170, I can see the STB change over
>> to 180 but immediately it goes back to 170.
>
> The channel you are changing to isn't enabled on the box. Since the
> channel number isn't valid, the box returns to the previous, valid
> one.

I am changing the channel to channels that definitely do work on the
box though.  I can change to those channels when I use my remote
control, so unsure why it is reverting back.  I don't think there is
an issue with the channel changing script because this is a new issue.

As mentioned elsewhere, I have been using another box that suddenly
won't change channels either.  That is a Pace box and when I try to
change the channel using myth, the receiving a signal from a remote
icon lights up real quick on the STB like it would when I use my
remote, but the number don't change on the STB at all.

I don't think it is a firewire issue because I can still capture fine.
 I am swapping these boxes for others just in case there is an issue
with the boxes but seems weird that I would have two that I can
capture from but not change channels.