[mythtv-users] USB dvb-s(2) devices and multirec

Herman Gerritsen lfsmailing at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:11:02 UTC 2010

> Funnily enough I've been playing with this with regards to DVB-T at the moment.
>
> The USB support in Virtualbox isn't as great as you might hope, I've
> had success with some USB devices and not with others.  At the same
> time I tried with a trial version of VMWare and have found that while
> VMWare support for USB devices seems better then Virtualbox it's still
> not perfect.
I currently have an USB card reader (smargo) in a virtual machine that
works without problems.
So I got enthusiastic and started thinking of the possibilities with
usb dvb devices.
I just do not want to buy any usb dvb device unless I am sure it is
supported and has the multirec possibility.
Just hope it is gonna work.

> I'd be interested to see what success you have with DVB-S(2) devices.
I will post results here, if i have a usb dvb device :)

Greetings,
Herman