[mythtv-users] Live TV doesn't work but recordings are fine.

Chris Simmons chris at simmons.titandsl.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 21:19:58 UTC 2010

> Do a full scan.
>
> The approach I would use is to back up the database (
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), then try the
> video sources portion of
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .  If
> that doesn't work, you can restore your backup and be back where you
> were.

This did appear to improve things (I tuned to live TV without it
crashing at least once!) but it wasn't long til I got the same errors on
the backend when trying to watch live TV:-

2010-07-28 15:01:22.498 MythSocket(b47a50:120): writeStringList: Error,
No data written on writeBlock (684 errors)

which continues (several hundred errors per second) for a good few
minutes during which time the frontend that triggered the problem can't
even watch a recording.

It was definitely not 'really' a tuning problem because it had already
tuned both recorders into channels as it was recording two shows from
different multiplexes at this point but when it went wrong it displayed
LM_partial lock or whatever it is??  Clearly its quite confused.

It was not using fast tuning when this happened...

:(

Any other ideas anyone?

Chris.