[mythtv-users] Using Fibre link to extend IR??

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jul 29 21:42:32 UTC 2010

I have been renovating, and the mythbox has been living in the
furnace-room, where it is now on the far side of a sheet of drywall. The
Logitech DiNovo wireless (radio or bluetooth??) based keyboard works
well (so long as I hold it vertically!), but of course, the iMon remote
does not.

Does anyone know if a kludge of using a fibre link (TOS-link) or some
other similar item, can channel an IR signal to an otherwise not visible
IR receiver.

A quick google did not seem to retrieve anything likely. Then again, I
probably used the wrong search terms.

Any ideas appreciated.

To further explain: I need some sort of receiving end/item in the rec
room, and in effect, a IR-blaster on the mythbox, to repeat the signal.
Not exactly a blaster however, since the signal does not originate from
a computer.

Geoff