[mythtv-users] S-video/nvidia problems

Jessica Perry Hekman jphekman at arborius.net
Fri Jul 30 00:15:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 06:26:32PM -0500, Craig Huff wrote:

> Is your Nvidia 6150 on an add-in card (PCI, PCI-e, ISA, AGP...?) or
> provided on the motherboard.  If the latter, you will need to review
[...]
> Note: RGB and TV-Out cannot be used simultaneously."  Since I use a
> VGA monitor on this system, not a newer one with DVI-D, I don't know
> if the latter would support TV-Out concurrently, but it certainly
> won't support TV-Out with my VGA monitor concurrently.  Believe me, I
> tried.

Thanks, Craig.

It appears to be an ASUS M2NC51-AR motherboard and the video card is
"integrated," which I assume must mean it is on the motherboard. (The
machine is an HP slimline 3020n.) I'm having trouble finding detailed
specs for this motherboard with any information about how I can expect
tv-out to work, though.

As I mentioned in a previous post, there does not seem to be a DVI
connector on the graphics card, so the option of switching my monitor to
that doesn't seem to be available. :(

I guess I am suspecting that what you are warning about is in fact the
case, but I probably should make some effort to try to get it working
just in case it actually will support out to TV + monitor simultaneously
-- since my other option is buying a new computer, right? I am dreading
the xorg.conf hacking, though, so if anyone has insights about the ASUS
M2NC51-AR motherboard, they would be welcomed.

You guys have been so helpful. I really appreciate it.

Jessica