[mythtv-users] S-video/nvidia problems

Jessica Perry Hekman jphekman at arborius.net
Fri Jul 30 00:40:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 05:36:10PM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:

> >It appears to be an ASUS M2NC51-AR motherboard and the video card
> >is "integrated," which I assume must mean it is on the
> >motherboard. (The machine is an HP slimline 3020n.) I'm having
> >trouble finding detailed specs for this motherboard with any
> >information about how I can expect tv-out to work, though.
>
> If it's integrated, does it have shared memory?  Can you increase
> the amount of memory?

We are definitely getting outside my area of expertise here. How would I
increase the amount of memory to the graphics card? And why would we
expect that to help it to support TV-out simultaneously with the main
monitor -- are you saying lack of memory may be the whole problem? (If
so, might there be a log file corroborating that theory?)

Willing to give it a shot, but a little out of my depth,

Jessica