[mythtv-users] E-mail notices on HDPVR crap-out?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 04:31:00 UTC 2010

What are the symptoms of it crapping out?

Does the device node disappear? If so cron an ls command to see if it
is there and tkae the appropriate action.

Basically if you can identify a command that responds differently
depending whether the device is working or not you can script it into
a cron script.

Also you might be able to take the steps to reset it, although a power
cycle will require some sort of external controllable power switch.

But really you should find out why it craps out. I know these things
have firmware that can be updated, but I have no idea of the most
stable version.

Are they prone to overheating? If so move it somewhere cooler.