[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Fri Jul 30 05:59:11 UTC 2010

Okay, I now have a case where TMS/SD assigned completely different
programids to the very same program, and the same programid to
different programs (different versions, but that's supposed to count,
right?)  This is a continuation of my previous message in this thread,
where I had two only-mostly-the-same versions of How Do They Do It?

<program id='EP008159770162'>
<title>How Do They Do It?</title>
<subtitle>Produce Power from Waste; Customize Supercars; Make Super Steel Swords</subtitle>
<showType>Series</showType>
<series>EP00815977</series>
<originalAirDate>2010-07-21</originalAirDate>
</program>

<program id='EP008159770127'>
<title>How Do They Do It?</title>
<description>Waste to power; Brabus Supercar; Damascus Steel.</description>
<showType>Series</showType>
<series>EP00815977</series>
<syndicatedEpisodeNumber>602</syndicatedEpisodeNumber>
<originalAirDate>2009-07-23</originalAirDate>
</program>

The former aired on 7/21/2010; the latter on 7/28/2010.  Note that one
of them puts all the info in the subtitle, while the other puts it all
in the description.  Only one of them has a syndicatedEpisodeNumber,
and their ostensible airdates differ.

The closed-captioning data is 100% identical, bit-for-bit.
The only differences are in the commercials.

Note that this means that the 7/28/2010 airing of EP008159770127 now
has different CC data than the 7/24/2009 (note one year ago!) airing
of EP008159770127, which also means that the same programid was used
to describe two different programs, separated by one year.  (The CC
data for the year-old EP008159770127 was only a fuzzy match for
EP008159770162, as documented in my previous message.)