[mythtv-users] We can rule out PulseAudio

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:08:29 UTC 2010

On 07/29/2010 11:38 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 30 July 2010 03:48, Mark Adams<madams9 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> The folks at Mandriva seem to disagree.
>>   http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=130284&highlight=
>>
> Reading that thread, it's only in relation with mplayer that has a
> hard dependency on pulseaudio ; hardly anything to do with mythtv
>
> And for someone to write "If MythTV still doesn't produce any sound, I
> think you can safely eliminate Pulse as your current problem." ; has
> certainly a lesser idea of what could be wrong than RobertM or any of
> the mythtv developers...
>
> Uninstall pulse and try again

Okay, on the assumption that you know more about this than they do, I
removed pulse audio with "rpm -e --nodeps pulseaudio".  Results were not
as dire as last time, so I tried watching recorded content in MythTV.
No audio.

I logged out and logged back in noting that other audio plays just fine.
I tried watching recorded content in  MythTV. No audio.

I rebooted the system again noting that other audio plays just fine.  I
tried watching recorded content in MythTV.  No audio.

I checked the audio settings in setup and found them set to defaults
that worked just fine until MythTV stopped playing audio.

No harm, but no progress either.

I am very interested in hearing any other ideas.

Mark