[mythtv-users] S-video/nvidia problems

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:32:07 UTC 2010

> Long story short:  The 6150, in every incarnation, only has a single
> DAC and thus analog output channel.  If her motherboard does not have
> a DVI out for a second output the she is SOL without placing in a
> graphics with two appropriate outputs.

I found a pic of the mobo that shows only solder pads where the DVI
connector would go. Seems HP saved 15˘ and destroyed any chance of
dual-output on this PC.

I agree on adding an external card, however, I'm not sure I agree with
the suggestion for an 8400: I would only use the 8400 if PCI was the
only choice. My 8400 runs quite hot which requires noisy fan cooling;
I suspect one of the newer Nvidia offerings in PCIe would work with
less heat.