[mythtv-users] mythtv-database package in debian stable

Harry Coin hcoin at quietfountain.com
Fri Jul 30 14:32:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM, francis3 <francis3 at libero.it> wrote:

> >  Hi all,
> >  I'm running debian stable; I use mythtv precompiled packages from
> >  debian.multimedia (http://debian-multimedia.org/).
> >
> >  Yesterday I upgraded some mythtv packages that were pending for an upgrade.
> >  For the package "mythtv-database" when I try to upgrade I keep getting
> >  this error:
> >
> >  - -------------
> >  Lettura della lista dei pacchetti in corso...
> >  Generazione dell'albero delle dipendenze in corso...
> >  Lettura informazioni sullo stato...
> >  Lettura delle informazioni sullo stato esteso...
> >  Inizializzazione dello stato dei pacchetti...
> >  Lettura delle descrizioni dei task...
> >  I seguenti pacchetti parzialmente instalalti saranno configurati:
> >    mythtv-database
> >  0 pacchetti aggiornati, 0 installati, 0 da rimuovere e 0 non aggiornati.
> >  È necessario prelevare 0B di archivi. Dopo l'estrazione, verranno occupati
> >  0B.
> >  Configuro mythtv-database (0.23.1-0.0lenny2) ...
> >  Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
> >  (using password: NO) at -e
> >  +line 5,<>  line 1.
> >  Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
> >  (using password: NO) at -e
> >  +line 5,<>  line 1.
> >  dpkg: errore processando mythtv-database (--configure):
> >    il sottoprocesso post-installation script ha restituito un codice di
> >  errore 255
> >  Sono occorsi degli errori processando:
> >    mythtv-database
> >  Configuro mythtv-database (0.23.1-0.0lenny2) ...
> >  Lettura della lista dei pacchetti in corso...
> >  Generazione dell'albero delle dipendenze in corso...
> >  Lettura informazioni sullo stato...
> >  Lettura delle informazioni sullo stato esteso...
> >  Inizializzazione dello stato dei pacchetti...
> >  Lettura delle descrizioni dei task...
> >

> >  The mythtv box seems running pretty well, anyway.
> >

> >  Thanks for any advice.

That error happens all the time when installing on slave backends.
Somehow the whole database and mysql package gets installed along with
the salve backend totally unnecessarily.    There needs to be two debian
packages for the mythtv-backend, one for the master backend which
requires all the database stuff, and one for the slave backend which
does not.

Harry