[mythtv-users] E-mail notices on HDPVR crap-out?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:15:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Johnny Walker <johnnyjboss at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:15 PM, freedenizen <freedenizen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Tree <junk at chassit.com> wrote:
> >> How are you rebooting the hd-pvr from a script? That would save a lot of
> >> hassle... can you please share iboot.pl?
> >
> > I have an iboot[1] device.  I can send the script later if you want
> > it, not in front of my machine.
> >
> > [1]http://dataprobe.com/iboot-remote-reboot.html
> >

> $275 for 1 port seems a little steep - and I've never heard of
> dataprobe.com. Those are $209 at www.kvms.com.
>
> I've seen APC hardware in several data-centers I've worked in (or near).
>
> $432 for 8 ports at $54 a port seems like a better deal.
>
> http://www.kvms.com/Product/AP7920.aspx
>
> But I like the other idea of determining what the problem is with your
> HD-PVR. Can you get the manufacturer to replace it?
>
> -JohnnyJ

I would get a more affordable WTI RPS or something similar:
http://cgi.ebay.com/WTI-REMOTE-POWER-SWITCH-RPS-10-AC-POWERED-USED-/360279457868?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e254404c

http://cgi.ebay.com/WTI-REMOTE-POWER-BAR-RPB-115-AC-POWERED-USED-/360264270376?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e16c8228

Send it a couple of commands via serial port and it flips the switch.  I've
used the RPB-115 before and it works well.

/Brian/