[mythtv-users] Where to buy CommandIR ?

Scott Walker lkomage at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 30 19:50:54 UTC 2010

I've had one of their original CommandIRs in operation for several
years. Bought it direct from the company. It's expensive, but if you
aren't hardware-literate enough to build your own IR then the CommandIR
"just works", leaving me to just write the software for it. I've emailed
the company a couple times with questions, and they've always answered
promptly and helpfully.

Last November I almost bought one of their newer CommandIR IIs, because
I thought I needed to be able to record IR at a higher rate than my
original CommandIR could do. Turned out I worked around the problem. Now
that they are about to come out with a 3rd generation, I may very well
buy one just for the additional capabilities.

My CommandIR controls a DishNetwork receiver, two 4DTV satellite
receivers, and a Pansat FTA MPEG2 receiver.