[mythtv-users] Pace RNG110 w/ Firewire

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Fri Jul 30 20:44:41 UTC 2010

Has anyone had success using firewire with a Pace RNG110?  I've searched
the lists and seen a few posts[1] regarding it, but nothing really
indicating success.

So far, I can reliably (from the little testing I've done) change
channels using the 6200ch binary.  Like the referenced post, I can get
mythprime to succeed if I specify channel changer 1 or 2.

However, even when mythprime succeeds, both firewire_tester and
test-mpeg2 fail.

I've tried two different systems, with two different firewire
interfaces, and two different firewire cables (one 6 pin, one 4 to 6 pin).

[1] - http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-March/284056.html