[mythtv-users] mplayer always in background after upgrade from 0.21 -> 0.23.

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 01:42:19 UTC 2010

Well, this evening I finally decided to take the plunge and move to
0.23 (among other things, the changes to mythvideo sound rather
interesting).  After spending much time hacking the Retro-wide theme
port so it looks at least sorta similar to the original Retro theme
from 0.21, I decided to try out mythvideo.  The upside is all the
video content is still there, with what little metadata I had before
still present.  The downside is that every time I start a video, which
fires up mplayer (my preferred video player), mplayer gets shoved into
the background and Myth's lovely blue background dominates the screen.
 Alt-tabbing shows that mplayer is running just fine, just not on top
(though full screen... go figure).

This worked just fine with 0.21, so I'm curious if anyone knows if
there's some configuration that needs to be changed to fix the
behaviour.  And barring that, what kind of work around can I put in
place to get this working again?  Again, this worked just fine before,
so I don't believe it's a WM problem (I'm using fluxbox on the FE in
question)...

Thanks in advance!

Brett.