[mythtv-users] mplayer always in background after upgrade from 0.21 -> 0.23.

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 03:11:34 UTC 2010

> It's a WM problem.  MythTV does not place Windows within X.  Window Managers
> do.
>
> (And I'll bet you upgraded Fluxbox from 1.0 to 1.1 in the upgrade, too.)

'fraid not, no.  The only thing that was upgraded on this box was myth
and its dependencies.  The window manager remains exactly the same,
including all attendant configuration.

No, something's definitely changed in Myth's behaviour.  Perhaps it's
just broken with flux, now, I don't know, but whatever the change is,
it's on the Myth side of the world.  Which means I now, apparently,
have to go back and experiment with WM's again... joy...

> On the bright side, the Internal player doesn't rely on Window Manager
> placement...  Maybe time to switch?  :)

I should've added a disclaimer on this, too.  I just knew someone was
going to suggest that as a "solution"...

Brett.