[mythtv-users] mplayer always in background after upgrade from 0.21 -> 0.23.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 31 03:19:49 UTC 2010

  On 07/30/2010 11:11 PM, Brett Kosinski wrote:
>> It's a WM problem.  MythTV does not place Windows within X.  Window Managers
>> do.
>>
>> (And I'll bet you upgraded Fluxbox from 1.0 to 1.1 in the upgrade, too.)
> 'fraid not, no.  The only thing that was upgraded on this box was myth
> and its dependencies.  The window manager remains exactly the same,
> including all attendant configuration.
>
> No, something's definitely changed in Myth's behaviour.  Perhaps it's
> just broken with flux, now, I don't know, but whatever the change is,
> it's on the Myth side of the world.  Which means I now, apparently,
> have to go back and experiment with WM's again... joy...

Yes, MythTV now supports proper full-screen windows--and it didn't in
0.21-fixes (because Qt3 didn't).

However, it's still a problem with the WM.

Likely if you set the mythfrontend size to something just under your
full screen size (i.e. one pixel short of the X or Y size of your
screen), it will probably work (even with a WM that refuses to allow
non-fullscreen windows on top of fullscreen windows) since MythTV won't
be fullscreen anymore.

Or you can use Internal...  :)

Mike