[mythtv-users] cannot run internal mythbrowser

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 08:35:07 UTC 2010

Hi.

The installation is new, on opensuse 11.2.

I have configured and installed all the plugins, and I have no error in compilation. The problem is that mythbrowser doesn't show anything, just a white box. The scroll bar starts to fill, but stops at 1/10 and after a while is all blue (Graphite theme). The system is responsive, i.e. I can press esc and exit. The mythfrontend log shows the successful db query for Internal and the font size.

If I choose firefox as the browser in web settings, it launches ok.

This affects mythnetvision, apparently, too.

Another  opensuse 11.2 box runs it ok.

MythTV Version   : 25518M
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 58
Library API      : 0.23.20100730-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_dvb using_frontend using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Yianni.