[mythtv-users] Prevent Recordings of "Live TV" from Splitting, Etc

tosds9 at gmail.com tosds9 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 04:00:18 UTC 2010

Mike,

Thanks for your thorough response! I'll follow your instructions for
changing the storage folder and adjusting GUI size/position, and report
my progress in those areas ASAP.

I must admit that I'm a bit confused about Schedules Direct. I
understand how an SD subscription would solve the minor TV guide
annoyance, but I'm not clear regarding how it would help me with the
major issue of transferring previously-recorded content from my cable
box's DVR to my computer. My computer is a laptop, it's NOT permanently
connected to my cable box, and I only connect the two to one another
when I'm trying to transfer previously-recorded shows from my cable
box's DVR to my computer via MythTV. That's what I was trying to say by
putting "Live TV" in quotes.

I'd be willing to consider recording currently-airing shows to MythTV as
a workaround to transferring previously-recorded shows from my cable
box's DVR, but that's not my true intent. What I'm trying to do is
preserve the "best of the best" from my cable box's DVR to my computer
for my personal collection -- instead of using a home theater DVD
recorder. Little if any of this is "drivel". Instead, it's mostly PBS
shows and educational content. Again, both of these channels are
unencrypted. I've tried to schedule recordings in MythTV and then
activate playback of DVRed content from my cable box, but that causes
the MythTV recording to abort. The Watch TV option is the only one I can
find which will pass through and record/transfer previously-recorded
shows to my computer.

My apologies for any confusion... Thanks again, and I'll watch for your
next reply!