[mythtv-users] No EPG data on DVB-T

Sean mythtv at bigswifty.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 10:42:44 UTC 2010

 > mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
 > Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 00:05:22 +0100
 > From: Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
 > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] No EPG data on DVB-T
 > To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
 >
 > On 31 May 2010 22:48, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > > Thanks for your reply, I want to test it with "dvbsnoop", but I don't
 > > > how, I try lot os paramaters, but I have any info.
 >
 > If another card produces good listings data when all other variables
 > are the same in the MythTV setup, it may be possible that the driver
 > for the KWorld card is somehow affecting the DVB stream. This may be a
 > good question for the linux-media list, where driver development is
 > discussed. Of course, if any other MythTV users are successfully using
 > your model of KWorld card to get listings from EITdata, feel free to
 > speak up!
 >
 > > > I test on MythTV with a working stick and now I have programa info for
 > > > 8 days, so I can't test it there, is a way to erase all programa info
 > > > from MythTV?
 >
 > Delete the corresponding video source in mythtv-setup - this will
 > delete all channel and listings data for that source. If you choose
 > the Delete All Video Sources option, all associated listings tables
 > will be reset.
 >
 > Nick

I can confirm that the KWorld Dual DVB-T 399U _is_ capable of obtaining listings
via EIT (although i did have to disable 'Active EIT scanning' to prevent the
tuners from becoming useless with a 'No Lock' response after being in use for a
short time).

Passive scanning seems to allow for them to remain usable and i still seem to
have 8 days of EPG data in place even without the 'active scanning' (using UK
DVB-T Freeview transmissions)

	-Sean