[mythtv-users] Prevent Recordings of "Live TV" from Splitting, Etc

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:56:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:02 AM, tosds9 at gmail.com <tosds9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris... Do you mean Manage Recordings => Schedule Recordings => Manual
> Schedule? I tried that, but the recording aborted immediately after I began
> playing the previously-recorded program from my cable box. Maybe I could get
> Manage Recordings => Schedule Recordings => Custom Record to work somehow?
> Thanks for attempting to help me solve my problem, and I hope that you'll
> keep trying because I need every idea I can get! :-)

MythTV is not the correct tool for what you are trying to do (transfer
a recording off the comcast DVR).  What type of capture card are you
using on the laptop?  I would suggest doing the recording from the
command line.  Something like:

$ cat /dev/video0 > best_of_the_best_s01e01.mpg

Then move the recording into your mythvideo directory on the laptop.
You can use MythTV to grab the meta data for the video ('w' key in
mythvideo) and watch it.

-Ryan