[mythtv-users] trouble updating mythvideo metadata fields?

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 14:19:23 UTC 2010

----- "Jack Perveiler" <perveilerj at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Here's what I noted as a problem.  The 'R' option updates only the
> > > reference number -- it doesn't download anything.  The next
> > > run should have been without the 'R'.
> > >

> > > Yeah, I thought of that too.  Oddly, if I run with -I
> (interactive)
> > > instead of -R I get prompted for the missing entries like with -R
> > > except it also pulls the fanart, etc from themoviedb.org .  The
> > files
> > > are sitting in the right place on my system.  The inetref is still
> > all
> > > 0's though.  If I run in maintenance mode after that (after -I or
> > -R,
> > > doesn't matter) I get a message telling me that X-Men has no
> inetref
> > > so it won't fetch anything.

> > run:

> > > Yeah, This seems odd.  Jamu shouldn't have done anything, as file
> > > was already in database with a inetref number.
> > >

> > I was thinking about this....  Could you set the inetref number to
> > NULL?
> > That's what the db defaults that field too.  Then try again with the
> > 'R'
> > option and see what happens.
> >

> > Hmm, that is wierd.  According to mysql the default value for
> inetref
> > IS NULL, but immediately following a mythvideo rescan (delete all
> > entries from videometadata and rescan upon entering mythvideo) it is
> > populated with the 8 0's.  If I jam in NULL instead with:
> >
> > mysql> update videometadata set inetref=NULL where title="X-Men";
> > Query OK, 1 row affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)
> > Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 1
> >
> > mysql> select title,inetref from videometadata where title =
> "X-Men";
> > +-------+---------+
> > | title | inetref |
> > +-------+---------+
> > | X-Men |         |
> > +-------+---------+
> >

> > and then run jamu with -r again I get the same results (ie inetref
> not
> > updated, only now it's still NULL instead of all 0's)
> >

> While from reading your messages this seems unlikely, but I figured I
> would
> ask just to make sure...  You are editing the database with the same
> user
> that is running Jamu?  Or stated another way, all users who interact
> with
> the database have write access to it..
>

> Correct.  I run jamu as part of a cron job as user mythtv.  As user
> mythtv I can use mysql to modify the inetref manually.  I run
> mythfrontend as user perveil.   I can also update the inetref manually
> via mysql as this user.  Running jamu as user perveil has the same
> results as running as user mythtv (ie inetref isn't updated).
>
> Basically, both users can modify the fields using mysql, neither user
> can modify the fields using jamu.

The more I read over this, the more I want to make sure permissions aren't
a cause for it...  When you log into your database using mysql how do you
log in?

ie something like this:  mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg?

You also mentioned starting the frontend via user perveil, what users starts
mythbackend?

Again, I maybe picking at straws -- but the needle must be in there somewhere....