[mythtv-users] How to keep the most recent N recordings?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jun 1 21:38:01 UTC 2010

Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> says:
> Is there some setting for a scheduled recording to keep only the
> most recent N recordings?  We really don't need 6 months worth of
> "World News Tonight", but the most recent 3 or 5 is probably
> appropriate.
>
> I tried setting "# of recordings to keep:" to 5, and my backend
> stopped recording any new episodes (since I seem to have 6 months of
> recordings on the box already).

I see by your wording that you are using MythWeb. Right above that
setting is "Record new and expire old," which you want to check. There
is, of course, an equivalent setting in mythfrontend.

> On a related note... is there an easy way to mass delete 6 months
> worth of daily recordings of a particular show?

Typing 'mass delete recordings' into the mythtv-users archive would
have given you the answer immediately. One of the many relevant
threads:
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/425572#425572>

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg