[mythtv-users] .23 Sound Issues............Please God shoot me now!!

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 01:16:35 UTC 2010

On 2 June 2010 01:29, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On my frontend using either ALSA:Default or Pulseaudio:default gives
> me either no sound or sound for a while then it vanishes with nothing
> in the logs to indicate why.  Alsa:spdif works fine but doesn't allow
> me to control the volume the way I'd like to.  Has anyone got sound

How do you want to control the audio volume - from within MythTV or
via your amp?

> working out to an external amp using either alsa:default or
> pulseaudio:default and if so could you let me know anything you had to
> tweak to get it working please.

Note that the default devices are just whatever ALSA or Pulse are
configured to use from the list of available devices. You could
configure your SPDIF output to be the default device if you wanted to
send all audio to the digital output. For ALSA, there is the digital
sound howto on the MythTV wiki which explains how this is achieved.
PulseAudio is looked on less favourably, and to date I've stuck with
ALSA.

Cheers,
Nick

--