[mythtv-users] Mac frontend - Programme guide hidden behind live TV

Rob Muggridge rob at muggridge.org
Thu Jun 3 10:04:43 UTC 2010

Hello,

When watching Live TV, and then selecting the programme guide, it appears
behind the video (rather than in front).  Depending on the size of the video
border you can just about see the top of the guide.  I can press escape to
exit the guide, therefore given control back to the live tv.

I have MythTV frontend 0.22-fixes running on two Mac minis, both running
Snow Leopard:
* A 2005 (intel graphics) running high quality profile
* A 2010 (nvidia graphics) running vdpau high quality profile

Package downloaded from www.thesniderpad.com: 20100314 Rev.23710

Searching the web in the past (this has always been an issue) I have seen
something about selecting QT over OpenGL, but this was for an earlier
version and I could not find this option in 0.22 setup screens.  I'm sure I
found this on MythTV wiki, but I can't seem to find it now.  I imagine it is
something to do with a conflict between the video and the guide and who gets
to paint to the display.....

Just wondering which boxes I need to tick to get this working (all works
well on Ubuntu, just not OS X)

Many thanks in advance

Rob