[mythtv-users] Digital Audio Problems

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Fri Jun 4 07:31:21 UTC 2010

I've having an issue with digital audio under 0.23 (Fedora 12 /w pulse
audio removed using Nvidia HDMI).  If I set audio to stereo I get full
sound in all my TV channels/music etc BUT all my h.264/acc encoded
videos audio is distorted (downmixing is not working?).  Using 5.1 (no
audio with Dolby Digital, so that is disabled)  I get sound in both TV
and h.264/acc video but the center channel (voices) volume is extremely
low most of the time (rest of the audio seems to be ok).  For now I've
just using stereo since at least TV is ok with that.  I'd really like to
get the h.264/acc working somehow though.  Any ideas?