[mythtv-users] Hdhomerun IR with imon VFD questions

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:36:04 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've recently rebuilt my frontend / backend to include a SSD as the
boot drive.  So far everything has been flawless with the exception of
getting the VFD on the Antec case working (lsubs lists the device ID
as 15c2:ffdc).

I'm running Debian Stable (Lenny) with a self compiled 2.6.33.5 kernel
in order to get TRIM support for my SSD.  The problem is trying to get
my remote and VFD working at the same time.  I'd like to use my
HDHomerun as the IR device and it uses UDP.

I'm compiling lirc from cvs and using lcd-proc-0.5.2.

Sorry for the basic questions here but if I'm using the VFD for only a
display device do I still need to use the lirc_imon module or can
lcd-proc handle everything with the imon.so driver?

Using the HDHomerun I compile the udp driver in lirc but at the same
time do I need to compile lirc_imon, modprobe the lirc_imon module but
run lirc in udp mode?

I've played around with sever different iterations of this however I
either only get the VFD working with mythtv or the remote working but
not both.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Neil