[mythtv-users] Hdhomerun IR with imon VFD questions

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jun 4 17:24:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently rebuilt my frontend / backend to include a SSD as the
> boot drive.  So far everything has been flawless with the exception of
> getting the VFD on the Antec case working (lsubs lists the device ID
> as 15c2:ffdc).
>
> I'm running Debian Stable (Lenny) with a self compiled 2.6.33.5 kernel
> in order to get TRIM support for my SSD.  The problem is trying to get
> my remote and VFD working at the same time.  I'd like to use my
> HDHomerun as the IR device and it uses UDP.
>
> I'm compiling lirc from cvs and using lcd-proc-0.5.2.
>
> Sorry for the basic questions here but if I'm using the VFD for only a
> display device do I still need to use the lirc_imon module or can
> lcd-proc handle everything with the imon.so driver?

lcdproc talks to /dev/lcd0, which doesn't exist w/o an imon kernel
driver loaded.

> Using the HDHomerun I compile the udp driver in lirc but at the same
> time do I need to compile lirc_imon, modprobe the lirc_imon module but
> run lirc in udp mode?

Yes.

> I've played around with sever different iterations of this however I
> either only get the VFD working with mythtv or the remote working but
> not both.
>
> Any suggestions?

Nothing off the top of my head. Should simply be a matter of setting
the right parameters for lircd to only care about the udp signals from
the hdhomerun, regardless of whether or not there's another driver
loaded.

In a saner future, coming soon to a kernel near you, the imon driver
won't be an lirc driver... :)

(There's a new non-lirc imon driver that has been merged in the
upstream kernel for 2.6.35).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com