[mythtv-users] Prevent Recordings of "Live TV" from Splitting, Etc

Deyan mythtv at bektchiev.net
Tue Jun 8 04:49:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:42 PM, tosds9 at gmail.com <tosds9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jake... The FireWire connection DOES allow me to transfer previously
> recorded content to my computer (see previous posts). When I engage Watch TV
> in MythTV, my cable box switches to the unencrypted channel which I've
> designated as default in mythtv-setup. Then, I simply use my cable box's
> remote control to navigate to the cable box's DVR and activate playback of
> the previously-recorded content. I don't think that it matters, but my cable
> box is connected to my television via HDMI cable.
>
> Watch TV is automatically splitting these recordings on the 00 and 30 of
> every hour (like it thinks that I'm recording multiple 30 minute blocks of
> live TV).

In that case, creating a manual recording rule for that same channel
which includes 10-15 minutes cushion for the time that it will take
you to navigate to the recording in order to play it back should be
all that you need. When the cable box recording finishes you can even
go to the Myth frontend and stop it manually.

HTH,
Dejan