[mythtv-users] Questions about master/slave BE

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Tue Jun 8 11:22:34 UTC 2010

Hello!

I currently have a dedicated BE/FE that I power on/off according to
scheduled recordings. I also have a general server for file sharing,
web applications, backup and such that is already on 24/7.

I would like this general server to also become the master MythTV BE
and turn my current BE/FE into a slave BE and FE.

This way the mythweb will be available 24/7 and it would also be
possible to schedule new recordings whenever I want.

Are there any pros/cons with this setup?

I have installed the same version of MythTV BE on both machines.

Would I have to do something else than:
1. Export database from current BE/FE
2. Import database on new master BE
3. Set new master BE to listen on its 192.168.1.x port
4. Point the current BE/FE to the new master BE 192.168.1.x port

After this migration, will the slave BE sync to the new master BE on
every power on and then periodically?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson