[mythtv-users] MythExport - iPod Touch / iPhone Settings

Brian Frost bfrost at brainboy.com
Wed Jun 9 05:39:24 UTC 2010

I spent several evenings trying to figure out what is wrong with my
mythexport. It just wouldn't import into itunes... They would jsut show up
with an error in iTunes. So I installed handbrake-cli and then hacked at the
mythexport daemon. All I really did was install handbrake-cli then change
the line that executes ffmpeg and change it to work with handbrake.

This is what I did on my UBUNTU system (if you are using something else then
you can find a different way to install handbrake-cli):

1) sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-snapshots

2) sudo apt-get install handbrake-cli

3) then 'sudo vi /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon'

 foreach (@args){
        if($_ =~ m/\/dev\/null/){
            $_ = "nice -n19 ffmpeg -i $filename $_";
        }
        else{
*            $_ = "nice -n19 HandBrakeCLI -i $filename -o '$newfilename'
--preset=\"iPhone & iPod Touch\" 2>&1";
*# ADD THE LINE ABOVE AND ADD A HASH TO THE ONE BELOW
#          $_ = "nice -n19 ffmpeg -i $filename $_ '$newfilename' 2>&1";
        }
    }

then restart mythexport 'sudo /etc/init.d/mythexport restart'