[mythtv-users] anyone have AC3/DTS passthrough working with revo 1600?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 9 13:47:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 07:37 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:

> Nope, it has standard colored 1/8" outputs and HDMI, no SPDIF, though it would be nice if it had the last.

But, in fact, if the TV can and will pass the AC3/DTS through to the
receiver, I much prefer the Revo->TV->Receiver path.  It means I can
just leave the receiver tuned to "TV" and let the TV switch between it's
HDMI inputs (and clearqam cable) and have audio always working.  Having
to always switch both the TV and receiver to the device I want to play
is tedious.

And, yeah, I know you can get remotes that will take care of that
tediousness, but I'm really not prepared to spend $100 for just a
remote.  I could go out to dinner with the family at least twice for
that.

b.