[mythtv-users] Trouble with lirc and HD-PVR on Fedora 12

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:58:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Robert Middleswarth
> <robert at middleswarth.net> wrote:
>> On 04/13/2010 09:13 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> Okay, just tried loading lirc_zilog, looks like its not binding to the
>>> hdpvr at all. A quick poke at the system with i2cdetect lists no i2c
>>> devices present, so I'm guessing someone has gone and disabled/removed
>>> the patch that enabled the IR part in the hdpvr driver... Bah! Somehow
>>> or another, the patch file is completely empty now. Well, that
>>> certainly explains why it ain't working... I'll touch that up when I
>>> have a chance. :\
>>>

>> Any word when it will be put back in.  I am currently using mythbuntu but am
>> getting ready to switch back to mythdora for better lirc support.  Any idea
>> when a fix for this will go in?
>
> Its fixed in the latest kernel in Fedora 12 updates-testing (as well
> as in the F13 release kernel), not sure when it will get pushed to
> stable though.
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson

Jarod (and others),

I've now got my back-end system, where my HD-PVR is connected,
upgraded to F13 with all the relevant latest patches applied, but I'm
still not getting any lirc devices in /dev when I load the lirc_zilog
module.  The module appears to load correctly, with 'dmesg' not
showing any issues.  Basically the exact same symptoms as stated in my
original post back in April.

Am I doing something wrong or is this still not fixed?

Thanks,
John