[mythtv-users] MythTV Firewire Troubleshooting assistance

Erik Sejr esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
Sat Jun 12 20:37:31 UTC 2010

Hi,
I've been attempting to get firewire recording working with my motorola
DCX-3200 and so far have had no success. I have been following the Wiki
on the setup of it and everything seems fine with all the tests:

Output of plugreport:

Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x00cc21730000241d
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Node 1 GUID 0x0023a2fffe96c43d
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=1
        channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

test-mpeg2 -r 1 > test.mpg results in a valid and playable MPEG2 video
that looks great when played back on my windows machine

output of firewire_tester -p -n 1 -r 5

Action: Test P2P connection 5 times, node 1, channel 1
P2P: Testing...Success, 42 packets received
P2P: Testing...Success, 44 packets received
P2P: Testing...Success, 42 packets received
P2P: Testing...Success, 39 packets received
P2P: Testing...Success, 39 packets received

I was pretty happy with all these results. I went into mythtv-setup,
added the firewire box as a capture card. It automatically (and
correctly) detects it as a DCX-3200. I added my video source to it, and
ran mythfilldatabase.

After completion I started the frontend. If I attempt to watch TV I get
the following error:

"MythTV is using all inputs but there are no active recordings?"

This box was previously used with a WinTV-PVR 350 with no problems, I
was trying to make the switch to firewire and digital cable.

System is fedora 13 and mythTV is 0.23-fixes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik